Are you looking for the best cruise options for 2018?
“Best” is a subjective term, of course, so we’ve broken down this list into the five best cruises for 2018 by newest ships, themes, affordability, and family-friendly options. Keep reading to learn about the best of the best for this year.
Top 5 Newest Ships
- Royal Caribbean will debut the new Symphony of the Seas in the spring. The new ship will hold 6,000 guests and have seven entertainment zones and more than 20 restaurants.
- Carnival Cruise Line will introduce its Carnival Horizon in the summer. It will sail to the Caribbean from its port in Miami. It will feature a water park with a Dr. Seuss theme, a Sky Ride, an IMAX theater, and Family Harbor cabins.
- Norwegian Cruise Line will sail a new ship to Alaska in the summer and in the Caribbean in the winter. The new Norwegian Bliss will be the largest cruise ship ever sent to Alaska, with views of the ocean from most rooms.
- Viking’s new Orion ship will feature luxury accommodations and many complimentary services.
- Celebrity Cruises will sail its new Celebrity Edge in the Caribbean beginning in December 2018. The ship will leave from Port Everglades and help guests relax in luxury with new Edge Launches.
Top 5 Themed Cruises
These themed cruises are ideal if you’re looking for something different.
- The Walking Dead Walker Stalker Cruise will feature stars from the hit show who will meet with fans and sign autographs. You’d better hurry, though. It sails from New Orleans to Cozumel from January 26-30.
- The VIP Deluxe Southern Caribbean Golf Cruise is heaven for golfers. You’ll play at some of the best courses in the Caribbean from February 10-17.
- The Holistic Holiday at Sea XV is a cruise perfect for vegans. Top chefs will offer exquisite meals and cooking classes on the cruise that sails from Miami from February 15-25.
- If you’re a Green Bay Packers fan, you’ll love the Packers Legends Cruise, where you can meet NFL legends. You’ll travel from Fort Lauderdale to Cozumel on March 10-15.
- Are you a runner? You’ll love the Hawaiian Running Cruise, where you can participate in a half marathon, a 5K or a 10K in the beautiful Hawaiian Islands. Set sail September 15-22 from Honolulu.
Top 5 Affordable Cruises
Looking for cruise options that won’t break your budget? These are the top 5 cruises to get you the most for your money.
- Royal Caribbean International—Travel to the Caribbean, Alaska, or Europe for less than $150 per night.
- Celebrity Cruises—Packed with extras for as low as $100 per night.
- Norwegian Cruise Line—Affordable options with no assigned dining or dress codes.
- Carnival Cruise Lines—Lots of sales can help you find a room for under $100 per night.
- Princess Cruises—Good for adults on longer voyages who want more amenities.
Top 5 Family Cruises
If you’re looking for a cruise to suit the whole family, here are your top 5 options.
- Disney Cruise Line—Super friendly cruise line with many entertainment options.
- Royal Caribbean International—Great option for families with children of different ages.
- Carnival Cruise Lines—Family-friendly entertainment and budget-conscious fares.
- Norwegian Cruise Line—Fun and educational programs and theme parties for children.
- MSC Cruises—Kids age 11 and under sail for free with an adult booking.
Just remember, even the “best” cruise can still have problems. If you or someone you love is injured while cruising this year, don’t just let the cruise line off the hook – fight for the compensation you deserve with the help of an experienced maritime lawyer.
About the Author:
Andrew Winston is a partner at the personal injury law firm of Winston Law. For over 20 years, he has successfully represented cruise victims who have suffered all kinds of injuries and illnesses due to negligence. He has been recognized for excellence in the representation of injured clients by admission to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, is AV Preeminent Rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, enjoys a 10.0 rating by AVVO as a Top Personal Injury Attorney, has been selected as a Florida “SuperLawyer” from 2011-2017 – an honor reserved for the top 5% of lawyers in the state – and was voted to Florida Trend’s ”Legal Elite” and as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Florida and one of the Top 100 Lawyers in the Miami area for 2015, 2016, and 2017.